Best Cauliflower EVER! Toasty Roasted Cauliflower
If you have followed this site for any amount of time, you know that I’m not a veggie person. Sadly, P90x nutrition requires vegetables, and LOTS OF THEM! (If you hate’em like us, try some of these P90x veggie strategies.)
Well here I give you the most delicious veggie recipe known to man (or CJ =) )! Even if you don’t typically “do cauliflower,” give this a try. The toasty carmelization totally changes the flavor. I even had friends over and my friend’s hubby wrote a Facebook post all about how I had introduced them to the ONLY version of cauliflower that his cauliflower-hating wife would ever eat. I call that a win. =)
I owe this one entirely to the genius of this book, Fast, Fresh & Green:
This is the book that FINALLY taught me to like vegetables!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
Roasted Cauliflower Directions:
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Line pan with parchment paper.
- Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces, making sure every piece has a flat side.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower pieces with olive oil and salt.
- Lay the pieces out on the parchment paper flat side down, scraping any extra salt and olive oil over the top
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the bottoms are brown and everything’s getting a little crispy.
- Life pro tip: The browned bits are the best, so let’m get dark! 😉
Makes approximately 3 cups.
P90x Nutrition Plan Portions:
1 cup of Toasty Roasted Cauliflower is one P90x Carb serving, 1 Fat serving.
– CJ =)
P.S. If you like this, then you are probably a fan of caramelized vegetables, and you should try my Burnt Green Beans recipe!