I know that so many of you run into boredom in the P90x food department, and 90 days is a bit long to eat the same two dinners over and over, no matter how much you like them when you start out. So it’s time for some muscle confusion for the stomach! 😉
My latest idea? Taco Salad! Talk about a great, feel-good staple that can be altered depending on which portions you still need for the day!
- 3 corn tortillas, turned into Baked Tortilla Chips
- 6 oz. extra lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 Tb. water
- 2 oz. grated low-fat cheddar cheese OR 3 oz. low-fat Mozzarella (2 dairy servings)
- 2 oz. olives (1/2 fat serving)
- 1 chopped tomato (1 veggie serving)
- 1 cup chopped lettuce (1/2 veggie serving)
- 2 Tb. fat-free salsa (1 condiment serving)
- 3 oz. avocado (if you need a fat serving)
- Cilantro sprigs (free!)
Taco Salad Recipe Directions:
- Bake your tortillas into corn tortilla chips.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground beef, cook for 3 minutes, then drain fat.
- Add water and spices, cook and stir for 3 more minutes or until meat is cooked through.
- Crush your tortillas on your plate, pile on meat, and top with whatever toppings you need for the day.
P90x Nutrition Plan Servings:
P.S. You may have noticed that, in my picture, I used Fritos. Unforgivable, I know! Sorry, I didn’t have any corn tortillas in the house. Please use your imagination, and don’t tell Tony!! ;-P
– CJ =)