Tacos are a quick, easy lunch or dinner, and you can pack in a bunch of different types of P90x servings. The handy thing is that it’s a mix-and-match meal – add whatever toppings are necessary to fulfill the servings you need for the day!
- 3 corn tortillas (1 carb serving)
- 6 oz. extra lean ground beef (2 protein servings)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 Tb. water
Heat skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, cook for 3 minutes, then drain fat. Add water and spices, cook and stir for 3 more minutes or until meat is cooked through. Remove meat from skillet, then one by one, place the tortillas in the skillet and brown them slightly on each side. Serve with whatever toppings you need to meet your portions for the day!
P90x Portion Plan Servings:
Meat and tortillas are 2 protein servings, 1 carb serving.
- 2 oz. grated low-fat cheddar cheese OR 3 oz. low-fat Mozzarella (2 dairy servings)
- 3 oz. olives (1/2 fat serving)
- 1 chopped tomato (1 vegi serving)
- 1 cup chopped lettuce (1/2 vegi serving)
- 2 Tb. fat-free salsa (1 condiment serving)
- Cilantro sprigs (free!)
P.S. I chose the spices for this by looking at the back of a Lawry’s Taco Seasoning packet! Lol. Although I’m not sure if I’ve gotten the ratio quite right (or maybe they just add tons more salt…). It’s good, but still not quite like the original. Anyway, if any of you guys try this out and get a better, more Lawry’s-like flavor or ratio of spices, please post a comment and let the rest of us know!!