Hi! I’m CJ =), a work-from-home mom and wife of a P90xer.
When my husband decided to give P90x a go three years ago, we made a deal: He’d commit to doing the exercises without fail, and I’d manage the food. He promised to eat anything that I put in front of him! So, I memorized the nutrition guide from cover to cover, researched supplements, protein powders, bars, the works.
When I started this blog, my hubby was on day 32 of the program, and he had already lost 6 lbs, gained tons of muscle, and trimmed 3 inches off of his belly.
I decided to start this blog because, as I managed his nutrition, I developed a p90x nutrition journal document that I wanted to share with other P90xers out there. Also, I found I had a knack for coming up with creative P90x recipes that fit into the portion approach, so I started posting them here for others’ benefit.
This site was a hit – and I kept getting requests for more meal planning tools, so I self-published a P90x Menus and Shopping List eBook for Phase 1, Level II. It’s now the highest rated and best selling Health and Wellness ebook on Smashwords.com! (Yeah, so I’m bragging a bit…lol) =)
|I am not a doctor or nutritionist. I don’t have any training in this – I’ve just done a lot of research as I planned my husband’s portion approach and helped folks here on the site. So here is the inevitable C.M.A. statement – while I share my opinions about P90x nutrition here, my advice should not replace that of your doctor, nutritionist, priest, rabbi, etc.!
I should also mention that I’m not a Beachbody coach – I’m not trying to sell anyone on P90x. My goal is to share the results of my research into P90x nutrition and the new recipes I’m coming up with, in the hopes that it will make starting out easier for other people than it was for us!
I hope this is helpful – keep pressing play and don’t forget to BRING IT! – CJ =)
P.S. I really appreciate that so many of you are so thankful and want to help. As requested, here is a list of ways you could show your gratitude for the site:
1. Buy my ebook. P90x Menus and Shopping List eBook for Phase 1, Level II. It takes all of the guess work out of your P90x nutrition for Phase 1, since I’ve done all of the planning for you. Check it out if you are interested in making your own life easier and supporting my work here at the same time! =)
2. Donate. The Paypal button is on the right side of the page. This is my hobby, but if I make some money off of it, that does help justify the time I spend helping people on the site instead of doing my “real” work!!
3. Share. Pin my recipes to Pinterest, share on Facebook, Google+, etc. You could also write a review of one of my recipes on your blog and link to my site (preferably with the words “P90x nutrition plan”!)
4. Comment. Your comments, questions, and reviews of my recipes and your experiences/tweaks make this site the dynamic, awesome community that it is!
5. Submit recipes (with a picture). I can always use more. And plus, you’ll be famous. =)
6. Say “thank you” – send me an email!
The fact that people are asking this question just goes to show what a great, supportive community P90xers are. Thanks, guys. =)
- CJ =)